Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thai Food Essentials

Here are some essential ingredients that I thought would be useful when discussing Thai food.

Fish sauce
I think this is the fish sauce used in the restaurant and favored by my friends.(Order at Amazon.com)

Curry Paste 

This was the curry paste I posted about in my Thai Curry post.  (Order at Amazon.com)

Lemon Grass 

This video from Chow.com shows different ways to use Lemon Grass.

Ginger


Yes, Ming Tsai is the man :)

Thai Basil

Not a lot of people know what Thai Basil is, or how it's different from "regular" basil.  This video on Rouxbe.com has a nice short video briefly explaining what it is.

Thai Chilies

Many in America aren't as familiar with Asian chilies.  Again from Rouxbe.com, they have a nice short video on Thai chilies.

Have Fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment